Friday, March 13, 2009

Twit and Twitterer or is it Twit and Tweeter?

Friday March 13th and I felt a 'right one' this morning - TWIT - definition: Noun - informal; a foolish or stupid person (Free dictionary)...there I am talking with a client who just advised that they had not received the e-mailed proposal document we were going to review...Could I find the original email...NO!...the network took that precise moment to 'go slow' and then freeze. 

With apologies sprouting forth, whilst feverishly trying to re-boot my machine, we fell into a general chat on the current trend and tools for sourcing good people... you guessed it ...TWITTER came up as a subject of common interest...   

The embrace (of Twitter) by all ages and from different walks of life is of great benefit to 'Talent Spotters'...the explosion in the use of social networking tools means the world is getting even smaller (figuratively speaking...please don't ask me to join-in on the 'State of our Plant' debate - enough said :-) and 'spotters' can seek out people with skills or background to help fill a companies hiring needs.  

I remember when SMS on your cell phone was introduced and it (they) claimed to be the next great communication tool...tried it, saw my cell bill against quality of results...decided not for me thank you.  Twitter is SSMS (Social Short Message Service) and well worth the effort to learn and use...As I am still a newbie (so new in fact, I am not sure of the Twitter name for newbie...there is one for sure).  Whether you would consider using it for social or work networking, I would recommend that at the very least you take a honest and open view of what it is about.  The following are just a few of links to check-out and read up on Twitter and would like to thank the people on Twitter who provided the links:

...the list could go on and on!!!

Enjoy the journey into 'Twitter World', and please feel free to post your comments, thoughts and views...

Have a happy and uneventful Friday the 13th for those of you not superstitious!...   

No comments: