Friday, October 18, 2013

NO I WON'T PAY FOR YOUR TUITION!

Three times today I have talked with recent University graduates (Computer Science) and each one gave the same reason for their stated salary expectations....
"I had to pay a lot for my tuition and degree"
STOP IT people, do not use this reason for seeking ridiculously high starting salaries.

In addition, your 3 Co-Op/Internships of 4 months duration do not mean you have 3 years of experience so should be treated as a Intermediate or Senior Level candidate...and I do not care what your Professor or next door neighbour says you are worth - Industry and businesses will tell you different.

Several good ideas to prevent YOU [the 3 individuals and others who use the same flawed  thinking] joining or adding to the estimated 25% of under/not employed recent graduates is to be realistic in your salary expectations for not only your chosen discipline/profession, but also target business, geographical location and market value.